ASG have executed complex air dispersion modelling for all types of industrial facilities and utility companies. The Directors of ASG were previous members of the CALPUFF model development team and hence have a deep understanding of model algorithms. We have special skills in model software enhancement, development and code formulations. These unique skills enables us to conduct dispersion modelling studies for many different applications. We have proficiency in the following areas;
- Expertise in US and Worldwide Regulatory Assessments
- Odour Modelling for all types of Industry worldwide
- Expertise in using CALPUFF and AERMOD for Regulatory modelling
- Meteorological models – CALMET, WRF, MM5, TAPM
- Meteorological processors – AERMET and MMIF
- Eulerian Grid Models - CALGRID
- Dense gas Models – Aloha, SLAB, DEGADIS
- Tunnel Portals and roads – GRAL, CAL3QCH3
- Agricultural crop spraying – AGDISP
- Development of meteorological data sets for anywhere in the world using either MM5 or WRF.
Previously developed 12km data set for entire world.
With increased use and implementation of state-of-the-science dispersion models, more companies are realizing the value of dispersion modelling as a planning management tool to evaluate the viability of major capital projects, optimize operations, mitigate risk, develop future strategic plans and, protect the welfare of the public.
ASG staff can provide expertise and service for regulatory situations as well as specialized, often technically challenging scenarios such as:
- Evaluating impacts of air emissions from a single site or develop a comprehensive cumulative assessment of sites (i.e. local to region scales) to determine regulatory compliance with ambient air quality standards and other air quality-related values:
- Acid deposition
- Visible plume analysis
- Chemistry NOx/NO2, Ozone
- Visibility Impacts
- Regional Haze
- Dense Gases
- Offshore emissions impacts on the air quality of coastal regions
- Processing model-ready meteorological data from observations (surface and upper air) and prognostic mesoscale meteorological models such as WRF, MM5 to support various dispersion models like AERMOD, CALPUFF, CMAQ, CAMx, OCD, etc.
- Assessing visible plumes, icing, and fogging impacts due to high water-content air emissions using specialized models such as FOG and CALPUFF
- Performing off-site consequence analyses for risk management planning and meeting state and local air toxic modelling requirements using EPA dispersion
- Conducting off-site impact and deposition studies
- Performing optimization studies to site or relocate Ambient Air Quality Stations
- Modelling the impact of roadway mobile source impacts and its air emissions impacts with MOVES and AERMOD.
- Customize Mobile modelling can be also be performed to best address complex road characteristics, mobile fuel types and vehicle classes and age
- Conducting odour concentration modelling and predicting the effect of different abatement strategies using AERMOD, and CALPUFF.